Duke Forest Pine Cone Pacer
Saturday, April 14, 2018
Race start: 8:00 am
Check-in: 7:15–7:45 am
Join us Saturday, April 14th for a 5K run/walk along the scenic trails of the Duke Forest. Fun and prizes for all participants guaranteed! Monies raised through this event directly support otherwise unfunded projects to:
- expand our environmental education programs for the public,
- better maintain our network of foot trails, and
- improve management and protection of our significant natural areas
Pre-registration is $25 and guarantees you a freshly designed, properly sized T-shirt! Pre-registration closes at the end of the day on Monday, April 2nd. Day-of registration is $35 but please note that T-shirts and sizes cannot be guaranteed.
Can’t race or it’s just not your thing… SPONSOR A PINE CONE TO RUN!!! Your name will be placed on a majestic Longleaf pine cone and put on display at the finish line.
- Click here to be redirected to the Duke University donation page – Duke Forest will be preselected for you.
- Click here to download, fill out, and mail in this form – Remember to indicate that you’re sponsoring the Pine Cone Pacer.
- Date: Saturday, April 14th, 2018
- Check-In & Day-of Registrations Opens: 7:15 AM
- Check-In & Day-of Registration Closes: 7:45 AM
- Race Starts: 8:00 AM
Big thanks to our T-shirt sponsors:
Also, a special thanks to our prize and gift sponsors:
Previous Race Information:
Our 8th annual Pine Cone Pacer, held on April 8, 2017, got off to a chilly start with temperatures in the 30s but finished bright and sunny! 110 racers successfully completed the course through the Duke Forest. We are grateful to everyone for their participation and support!
Our 2016 race was a great success – our largest yet – with over 130 participants finishing the 5K run/walk. Thanks to everyone for coming out on a beautiful April morning to run, walk, and volunteer!
The 6th annual Pine Cone Pacer, held on April 18th, 2015 was a tremendous success with over 100 official runners and walkers. Congratulations to everyone that came out either as a participant or a volunteer! And special kudos to Seth Hutchinson who set a new course record at 16:33!!! See below for links to award winners and race times.
For pictures, visit: The Duke Forest on Facebook
The 2014 race, held on April 12th, was a huge success. Thanks again to all our generous sponsors!!! And congratulations to all our runners!!!
For results and photos from the 2014 race, click here: