The Duke Forest is comprised of over 7,000 acres in three counties in Central NC. The landbase is not contiguous and can only be accessed via indicated Forest gates, providing that all Regulations and Safety Guidelines are followed. Detailed maps can be found at every major Duke Forest gate, You can purchase a set of our detailed maps below.
Please note, there is a map posted at the entrance of each main road into the Duke Forest.
General Locator Map
To download a general locator map, click on the link below.
Order Recreation Maps
Detailed maps showing all forest roads, foot trail, creeks, and topographic contours may be purchased from the Office of the Duke Forest. To purchase recreation maps, please use the secure online order form below, or send a check with your name and mailing address made out to Duke University for $8 to Duke University, Office of the Duke Forest, Box 90332, Durham, NC 27708. Maps will be mailed to you after your order has been processed.
Please note the following:
- Fulfillment may be delayed because we only go into our offices once per week because of the COVID-19 restrictions.
- Conditions along roads and trails cannot be guaranteed.
- Parking is not allowed in front of forest gates.
- Parking is often only available in road right-of-ways, which are not maintained by or under the authority of the Office of the Duke Forest.
- When purchasing maps, we will add your email address to the e-News email newsletter so that you can keep up with the latest announcements from the Duke Forest, and help us keep the Forest healthy and strong for years to come.